Welcome to Introductory Chemistry Online!The links shown on the left will take you to the available content areas in the Introductory Chemistry site.
- The lecture slides are images taken from the PowerPoint slides and they are arranged in a "stack" that allows easy viewing in order to review the content. These images are not designed for printing!
- The exam review slides are from the PowerPoint slides that we typically go through prior to each of the exams. Many of the questions on these slides resemble actual archived exam questions.
- The microtutorials are short movies that focus on a single topic (Elements & Isotopes, Significant Figures, etc.). These are useful for review or as content in the "Flipped Classroom".
- The textbook link will take you to an online version of the text, Introductory Chemistry Online. These are images from the text and again, they are designed for online viewing and review, but not for printing.
- The answers to the problems at the end of the chapters in the text are collected in the chapter answer link. These are "answers only"… please see the text for the complete questions.
- The Tutorial link takes you to a set of algorithmic tutorials and exercises that deal with many of the central concepts in the course. In general, you will receive a unique problem every time you work one of these. Once you have attempted answering the problem, you can check your work with the Show Answer button. You should spend a good deal of your online time working these problems; they are a good source of questions for chemistry quizzes and for hour exams.